WasteServ Malta Limited
WasteServ Malta Ltd. was established in November 2002. The company is responsible for organizing, managing and operating integrated systems for waste management including integrated systems for minimisation, collection, transport, sorting, reuse, utilistation, recycling, treatment and disposal of solid and hazardous waste.
Contacting WasteServ Malta Ltd
Contact person: Ms Maria Farrugia (Education officer)
E-mail: [email protected]
Tel:23858234EkoCentre, Latmija road, EkoCentre,
Marsaskala – MSK 4613
Opening hours are now from Monday to Friday between 7:30am and 5.30pm.
The company operates integrated systems for waste management in accordance to the Law of Malta. It is responsible for the waste management policy and plan of the Government of Malta while observing internationally recognized waste management principles.
WasteServ Malta Ltd. recognizes and follows international principles which include :
• Sustainable development
• The proximity principle and self-sufficiency
• The precautionary principle
• The polluter pays principle
• That any environmental damage which might occur should, as a first option be rectified at source
• The waste hierarchy
• The application of the Best Practicable Environmental option (BPEO)
• Producer Responsibility