Not Just Numbers
Not Just Numbers is a complete teachers’ toolkit about asylum and migration in Europe. The kit was developed in 2009 by UNHCR and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) with funding provided by the European Commission.
A teachers’ manual explaining the main facts and definitions on asylum and migration in Europe, and a step by step explanation of a few class exercises.
A series of video portraits of migrants and refugees available online via the links below and on a DVD.
- Video of Iranian refugee Rean
- Video of Kosovo refugee Adelina
- Video of Congolese migrant Doré
- Video of Italian migrant worker Tino
- Video of Mexican skilled workers Veronica and Alfredo
A two minute video exercise without subtitles showing migrants and refugees arriving in a boat on the sea.
A set of photos for use in a photo exercise. Download as pdfs:
All material also available in Maltese and various other languages.