Cleansing Services Directorate
The environment is the common heritage of present and future generations and should be conserved and protected. The purpose of the Cleansing Services Directorate is to promote an environment free from refuse, rubbish, debris, litter, dirt or any other form of abandoned waste.
• The provision of street sweeping services of urban roads.
• The collection of bulky waste from households.
• The removal of accumulated waste in urban and non-urban roads.
• The removal of carcasses from main roads.
• The upkeep and manning of public conveniences.
• The upkeep and cleaning of water culverts in arterial roads.
• The maintenance and cleansing of water reservoirs.